Welcome to OPBlocks!

PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Scamming

Should there be a punishment for scamming?

• Yes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nathannn

flâneurstrator
Staff member
It's not the fact the we don't respect his opinion, it's that he doesn't respect ours. I don't think he understands that without us players, this server would go down and he wouldn't be Manager anymore. He wont listen to us, he just keeps saying the rule wont be changed, although I think 99% of the players want the rule changed.
Fair enough

Amazing

retired mineman
It's not the fact the we don't respect his opinion, it's that he doesn't respect ours. I don't think he understands that without us players, this server would go down and he wouldn't be Manager anymore. He wont listen to us, he just keeps saying the rule wont be changed, although I think 99% of the players want the rule changed.
This reply is so ridiculous...
I don't respect the players opinions? That's why whenever I make any update, I ask Mochi to go through all the suggestion threads and tell me what needs to be added & I allow the community to post ANYTHING they want to see on upcoming updates in the announcement thread I posted a few days ago...

Just because I make one decision that I personally believe is correct, and some people don't agree with me, that means I don't respect the players opinion?

Also, I think it's a bit far fetched to think that the server is going to lose all of its players & shut down simply because I removed one rule.. everyone is taking this way too seriously.

dake

I personally don't exactly like scamming but I don't think it needs removal. My rule is just trust friends that you've known for longer than about 9 months. That's how I just don't get scammed, and I also use a tad bit of common sense.

WhyShouldIEver

I don't respect the players opinions? That's why whenever I make any update, I ask Mochi to go through all the suggestion threads and tell me what needs to be added & I allow the community to post ANYTHING they want to see on upcoming updates in the announcement thread I posted a few days ago...

Just because I make one decision that I personally believe is correct, and some people don't agree with me, that means I don't respect the players opinion?

Also, I think it's a bit far fetched to think that the server is going to lose all of its players & shut down simply because I removed one rule.. everyone is taking this way too seriously.
Your updates are great, no doubt about it! It's just this thing. Most players are revolting against this change, and it's not like it's affecting anything if it's added back again. It makes NO SENSE as to why it would just be randomly removed. Some people are stupid! And they will get scammed, but it's the scammers fault, not them. They tricked them into doing the deal.

Change 'some' to 'most'. Secondly, just because you believe it is correct, does not mean others do as well. You have to respect what we have to see and what we want to change. You don't realize that this is a server with only 40 people and the more you start to make those 40 people mad, the more they will start to leave. There's plenty of servers out there just like this, so there's no reason why they have to stay.

I agree with you here, accept the part where you say that everyone is taking it seriously. We are taking this subject so dramatically because almost everyone requested the rule back and you just won't because you feel it's unnecessary? What you are doing is called prejudice, and it's not a good thing.

P.S: If you do decide that you feel like this rule should be added back again, do not think we will all hate you, because we don't. Or at least I don't. You're an awesome manager and the updates you have been working on are great! It's just that this thing makes 0 sense. It's such a random thing to be randomly removed... The more this keeps going, the more hate you will get. I don't want that to happen because you are a good person and you handle things well.

Just do one for the community, add this simple, 1 rule back?

Rizuri

Infamous Member

Ok how about you listen up here. MOCHI AINT THE ONLY PLAYER. And when she does play, she mainly builds. I rarely see her mine and pvp and just asking her about everything in the server isn't going to work. You disregard the other opinions of other players in the server and now that Ddubz has nailed that point, you call it ridiculous? I agree the server isn't going to shutdown but this is a server rule so everyone here most definitely takes it seriously. You made a thread asking for opinions. Now the opinion is to make scamming punishable. As also stated above the server has 40ppl and if you decide to make a personal change that 20ppl disagree with then I suggest you try something else.

DdubsRulez2

Infamous Member

Ok, I take back the part about you not respecting our opinion, but the rest still stands.
And I never said we were going to lose all of our players. I'm just saying your position as Manager kind of depends on the players (indirectly), and when you don't listen to the player's opinions, that puts you in a bad spot. I'd be fine if you were up for changing your decisions, but you said 'this rule will stay, and I'm not changing it' (Or something like that, don't remember exactly what you said). A manager should be able to accept that players might not always agree with them and be open to the players opinions, even if it goes against their own opinion.
Also, please don't call my reply ridiculous, that's rude.

Amazing

retired mineman
I've added back the rule, but for your report to be accepted & the player that scammed you to be banned you need SOLID EVIDENCE that the scam actually happened.

No screenshots, no stories, none of that.
You need a video that shows that both parties agreed to a deal, and the actual scam taking place.
If you don't have a video, then your report will be denied.

DdubsRulez2

Infamous Member
I've added back the rule, but for your report to be accepted & the player that scammed you to be banned you need SOLID EVIDENCE that the scam actually happened.

You need a video that shows that both parties agreed to a deal, and the actual scam taking place.
Thank you ;3
I guess this thread can be closed now?

WhyShouldIEver

Good job @Amazing ;) Thanks for listening to the community! We appreciate that you care. Thanks for adding back this rule!

Requesting lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.