0 Players Online

emelade's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emelade

Member Name
emelade

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?
Yes

Player Information

IGN
My current in-game-name is emelade, a mixture of my first name Emelyn (Emel) and my middle name Jade (ade). However, I use the /nick command on Prison Lollipop with EmMs.

Previous IGN(s)
Mr_Ghastyy (This name change occurred when my younger brother used my account for a little while.)
https://namemc.com/s/Mr_Ghastyy

Timezone
I live in Northern California, timezone is UTC-8:00 Pacific Time.

Donor Rank
Hoarder

Application

What realm do you play on?
There is currently only one realm, unless I am missing out on something amazing? However, when multiple realms are added I will fluctuate back and forth, go to wherever I am needed. I have experience moderating multiple servers single handedly, with 50+ players on each.

What times are you most often online?
As this is an application for the summer, and my enrolled classes are 8am to 3pm, Monday through Thursday, I will most likely be on anytime after 4. Timetable below for more detailed estimates.

Sunday: 9:15am to 11pm
Monday: 3:30pm to 12pm.
Tuesday: 3:30pm to 12pm.
Wednesday: 3:30pm to 12pm.
Thursday: 3:30pm to 12pm
Friday: 11:30am to 12pm

Saturday: 11:30 to 5-6pm. After 5-6pm varies

(Side Note: I am available these times, but will likely take breaks/do homework to occupy gaps with players.)

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
I have not been banned or temporarily banned to my knowledge, and my history on all versions of OPBlocks is clean.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
I started staffing here actually, on OPBlocks, prior to the v2 release. My journey staffing started on June 27th, 2016, as a helper. I was promoted to moderator, by Zapexy, on August 23rd, 2016. I ended up resigning on, due to a falling out with a few staff members and the passing of my younger brother. I reapplied and was accepted by Tuxx, on November 4th, 2016. The server had died down quite a bit, and I began to get involved in outside activities. I chose then to relieve myself of the position as helper, on December 18th, 2016. That decision was short lived, as I spoke to Tuxx and was back 2 days later (December 20th, 2016). I left the staff team for good on December 28th, 2016, due to school being my main focus. I am now fully graduated from high school, and entering University this upcoming fall semester.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school and have ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on OPBlocks. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? - How do you respond to this?
As stated by my last response, I am one to put school first and foremost. I am 16, and already graduated from high school, with a steady path to a major in Chemical Engineering, and a minor in Organic Science. I graduated valedictorian, and was accepted into Stanford University, to pursue my lifelong dream of Chemical Engineering. I am also one to keep my eye on the clock, balancing high school and college at the same time, since I was 14, has taught me the ropes of time management.

Now, if for some outrageously, crazy reason I decide to put a video game before my education and future, I would log off and begin my work. I would not play again until I am finished with anything assigned.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?
I am active on the TeamSpeak
I have a working microphone
All of the above

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
Yes, I am able to record in 1080hp.

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
As previously mentioned, I had a position as moderator on this server. I spent many hours of my life helping out our community. I shared many great memories with the players OPBlocks attracts, and had a fun time doing so. As my schedule has eased up, I am looking forward to spending more time on the server, and chatting with players/friends. I was able to grow and improve as a person, and although I did have quite a few bumps along the way, I was able to get through it alongside some of my closest friends. I am now fully prepared to take back the challenge, and resume telling players to watch the caps lock in chat.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
I would first make sure I completely understand the reason for being denied/demoted, then take responsibility for my actions. Admitting you have made a mistake is never easy, but is crucial in learning, growing, and improving. I would identify and correct my mistakes. If I was to be demoted, I would calmly and collectively try again in a month or so. I would not purposely put myself in a compromised state that affects my future. I would/will return when my choices are no longer areas of concern, and continue being active.

Demoted for leaking information: From past experience, I can almost guarantee that this will not happen. Leaking information is quite a challenge to achieve on its own. If this were to occur, I would wait until I have proved myself to be trustworthy and staff is comfortable with telling me things.

Demoted for abuse: I don’t see myself abusing my power as staff, as I have yet to find a need or want for being "better" than anyone. I would not negatively go against something a manager has set in stone. Yes, you do get more influence while upholding the standards, yet I trust that I can lead players towards better gameplay, and not to wind up as somebodies higher up. Once more, here for the players and my adoration to help, not for the power.

Demoted for inactivity: Out of the three scenarios listed this would be the greater one, as I do have my own real world problems that often call for my attention. However, if I feel that I am not able to continue my staffing I would resign.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
It is no secret that I have been thrown around negatively in people's conversations, however, I tend to look beyond that and move on with life. Punishment would be given if things got drastic.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
Nov 3, 2016

Is there anything else we should know?
I implemented pieces of my past applications.
Pros:
Friendly and fun to be around.
Polite.
Educated.
Adaptable.
Trustworthy.
Dependable.
Action-oriented
I hold leadership skills.
I am ambitious to help.
I have many platforms that are available to the public,
which helps with communication from staff to player.

Cons:
I can go either way with players, some like me and some do not.
I am not bilingual.
My grammar is not perfect all the time.
Do not always see eye to eye with everyone, but try to find a happy medium.
I say what is on my mind to people I am comfortable with.
I can get busy.
I tend to use a lot of keyboard faces.

Last edited by a moderator:

CraftStarOr123

This is a nice application, even tho I don't see you around often (probably because of timezones, I am 11.5 hours ahead...), you look like a nice person and I would like to see you as a staff member here :)
Good luck with your application!
-Crafty

Rizuri

Infamous Member
Member Name
emelade

Yes

Player Information

IGN
My current in-game-name is emelade, a mixture of my first name Emelyn (Emel) and my middle name Jade (ade). However, I use the /nick command on Prison Lollipop with EmMs.

Previous IGN(s)
Mr_Ghastyy (This name change occurred when my younger brother used my account for a little while.)

Timezone

Donor Rank
Hoarder

Application

There is currently only one realm, unless I am missing out on something amazing? However, when multiple realms are added I will fluctuate back and forth, go to wherever I am needed. I have experience moderating multiple servers single handedly, with 50+ players on each.

As this is an application for the summer, and my enrolled classes are 8am to 3pm, Monday through Thursday, I will most likely be on anytime after 4. Timetable below for more detailed estimates.

(Side Note: I am available these times, but will likely take breaks/do homework to occupy gaps with players.)

I have not been banned or temporarily banned to my knowledge, and my history on all versions of OPBlocks is clean.

I started staffing here actually, on OPBlocks, prior to the v2 release. My journey staffing started on June 27th, 2016, as a helper. I was promoted to moderator, by Zapexy, on August 23rd, 2016. I ended up resigning on, due to a falling out with a few staff members and the passing of my younger brother. I reapplied and was accepted by Tuxx, on November 4th, 2016. The server had died down quite a bit, and I began to get involved in outside activities. I chose then to relieve myself of the position as helper, on December 18th, 2016. That decision was short lived, as I spoke to Tuxx and was back 2 days later (December 20th, 2016). I left the staff team for good on December 28th, 2016, due to school being my main focus. I am now fully graduated from high school, and entering University this upcoming fall semester.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school and have ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on OPBlocks. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? - How do you respond to this?
As stated by my last response, I am one to put school first and foremost. I am 16, and already graduated from high school, with a steady path to a major in Chemical Engineering, and a minor in Organic Science. I graduated valedictorian, and was accepted into Stanford University, to pursue my lifelong dream of Chemical Engineering. I am also one to keep my eye on the clock, balancing high school and college at the same time, since I was 14, has taught me the ropes of time management.

Now, if for some outrageously, crazy reason I decide to put a video game before my education and future, I would log off and begin my work. I would not play again until I am finished with anything assigned.

All of the above

As previously mentioned, I had a position as moderator on this server. I spent many hours of my life helping out our community. I shared many great memories with the players OPBlocks attracts, and had a fun time doing so. As my schedule has eased up, I am looking forward to spending more time on the server, and chatting with players/friends. I was able to grow and improve as a person, and although I did have quite a few bumps along the way, I was able to get through it alongside some of my closest friends. I am now fully prepared to take back the challenge, and resume telling players to watch the caps lock in chat.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
I would first make sure I completely understand the reason for being denied/demoted, then take responsibility for my actions. Admitting you have made a mistake is never easy, but is crucial in learning, growing, and improving. I would identify and correct my mistakes. If I was to be demoted, I would calmly and collectively try again in a month or so. I would not purposely put myself in a compromised state that affects my future. I would/will return when my choices are no longer areas of concern, and continue being active.

Demoted for leaking information: From past experience, I can almost guarantee that this will not happen. Leaking information is quite a challenge to achieve on its own. If this were to occur, I would wait until I have proved myself to be trustworthy and staff is comfortable with telling me things.

Demoted for abuse: I don’t see myself abusing my power as staff, as I have yet to find a need or want for being "better" than anyone. I would not negatively go against something a manager has set in stone. Yes, you do get more influence while upholding the standards, yet I trust that I can lead players towards better gameplay, and not to wind up as somebodies higher up. Once more, here for the players and my adoration to help, not for the power.

Demoted for inactivity: Out of the three scenarios listed this would be the greater one, as I do have my own real world problems that often call for my attention. However, if I feel that I am not able to continue my staffing I would resign.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
It is no secret that I have been thrown around negatively in people's conversations, however, I tend to look beyond that and move on with life. Punishment would be given if things got drastic.

Nov 3, 2016

Pros:
Polite.
Educated.
Adaptable.
Trustworthy.
Dependable.
Action-oriented
I am ambitious to help.

Cons:
I am not bilingual.
I can get busy.
Nothing but my full support and a +1 for my egirl

LolWeeb

Member Name
emelade

Yes

Player Information

IGN

Previous IGN(s)

Timezone

Donor Rank
Hoarder

Application

All of the above

Nov 3, 2016

Pros:
Polite.
Educated.
Adaptable.
Trustworthy.
Dependable.
Action-oriented
I am ambitious to help.

Cons:
I am not bilingual.
I can get busy.
-1 called lolluke the catfish hot emelade no get madarino at me arino i lick ur footarino

WhyShouldIEver

So, I really like you as a person and your normally active and seem to be involved with the community, but online when you're chatting you can get a bit sassy/rude.

I joined on the server and asked a question and your response was 'honestly, nobody cares'. It's not a major thing but make sure you think before you speak.

+0.5

E

emelade

So, I really like you as a person and your normally active and seem to be involved with the community, but online when you're chatting you can get a bit sassy/rude.

I joined on the server and asked a question and your response was 'honestly, nobody cares'. It's not a major thing but make sure you think before you speak.

+0.5
Yeah, understandable. Are you absolutely sure I was talking to you? Regardless of who I was talking to, I acknowledge the sassy behavior, and will adjust it in the future.

Isn't this like your 420th shot at trying to be staff? lmao

but knowing your history with the OPB staff team and all, I'm quite surprised you've reapplied...
Throughout the time of you staffing, it seemed like and looked like you only did things on this server for the attention. lol

and either you've reapplied to genuinely do things here, or you've just done it out of spite (I wouldn't be surprised..) either way, I think people who actually know you and aren't just eboys tryna slide would agree that you'd be so much better remaining as a player, not staff.

you also have beef.. with like... 80% of this server... so I don't think you being staff would be beneficial for anyone. You're also extremely manipulative, and have ruined a lotta things for people.. so why on earth would people need your help ???? I can name off so many occasions where you have lead guys on because of how much attention you need.

these egirls with their unrealistic intentions.... smh...

Last edited:
E

emelade

Interesting thoughts, respect goes out to everyone who took the time to comment. :) I ask that you keep the comments directed on the application and my ability to become a staff member. Thank you! x

Last edited by a moderator:

Twin

Isn't this like your 420th shot at trying to be staff? lmao

but knowing your history with the OPB staff team and all, I'm quite surprised you've reapplied...
Throughout the time of you staffing, it seemed like and looked like you only did things on this server for the attention. lol

and either you've reapplied to genuinely do things here, or you've just done it out of spite (I wouldn't be surprised..) either way, I think people who actually know you and aren't just eboys tryna slide would agree that you'd be so much better remaining as a player, not staff.

you also have beef.. with like... 80% of this server... so I don't think you being staff would be beneficial for anyone. You're also extremely manipulative, and have ruined a lotta things for people.. so why on earth would people need your help ???? I can name off so many occasions where you have lead guys on because of how much attention you need.

these egirls with their unrealistic intentions.... smh...
Honestly, you're a ****ing legend. Finally someone who says what's going on here. :cool:

Interesting thoughts, respect goes out to everyone who took the time to comment. :) I ask that you keep the comments directed on the application and my ability to become a staff member. Thank you! x
The comments have been directed to your ability to become a staff member, your previous actions do have a major effect on being someone who is helping the server.

I don't know you so I am not going to give my opinion.

E

emelade

After putting an application out there, and seeing the variety of responses I have received, I am requesting a lock and deny @Mochi. I have decided that I would rather invest my time into respectable individuals, who have some sort of a maturity going for them. I appreciate the effort you all put into your comments, but I supppose my expectations were too unrealistic. Thank you @Luminxsity for the roast, I will remember it alongside all the lovely moments we shared in the past. Wish you the best of luck, and everyone else. xd

-Em

Status
Not open for further replies.