1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Long Overdue Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by trkey, Mar 10, 2017.

1. trkey

trkey Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Edit: Lovakite ran into real life problems and is no longer able to run OPBlocks. This post has been edited to reflect the new manager.

Hey everyone,

First off, I’d like to apologize for the lack of communication recently. I didn’t really know what I was going to do until recently and was scared to show you guys uncertainty. That was a bad decision, I should have kept you guys updated. I’ll improve.

As you may have seen, Tuxx, Luck, and Coolkish aren’t working on OPBlocks anymore. We’ve decided that it’d be best for them to work on another project of mine.

With that, I’ve decided to bring on a friend who goes by “Amazing” to run OPBlocks. He’s an expert in Prison servers and will do a great job.

After much discussion, Amazing and I have decided that it’s in the best interest of the server to ditch the whole candy theme. We feel that the candy theme was great for Crainer fans, but since he doesn’t record here anymore, being candy-themed disallows us to cater to older prison players.

We’re going to be doing a massive revamp of the server in the coming weeks, we will keep you all updated as we work on it. It’s going to be really dope.

Let me know in the comments if you guys have any questions.

Alex

#1 trkey, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    • Like x 10
    • Informative x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. gabe0508

gabe0508 Member

I really don't want the candy theme to be ditched because that's the main reason I came to this server. I came because I have never seen this type of prison server and I was excited about it. I would be really disappointed. Will there be a new theme?

3. trkey

trkey Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Something similar but less childish will be added.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. gabe0508

gabe0508 Member

ok. Will the server server reset like v2 or no?

5. trkey

trkey Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Not sure yet, will let you know what we decide.

6. 34D

34D Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I hope you relate a bit similar to the candy theme as it was still quite fun.

7. gabe0508

gabe0508 Member

thank you. although reseting the server will lead to more people leaving. im just sharing my thoughts not hate plz

8. gabe0508

gabe0508 Member

it was indeed very fun. Im so excited about the new theme !

9. 34D

34D Well-Known Member

More people leaving won't be too bad as they'll come back soon enough. New people will come in the reset is the good thing.

10. gabe0508

gabe0508 Member

yes It could be althouIh i spent a lot of time getting everything on here and i would be a little disappointed if this happened

11. 34D

34D Well-Known Member

Just a question, which servers has Lovakite ran? If you don't want to advertise, can you message me please.

12. NotDuck

NotDuck Active Member

oml alex finally, i thought i would never ever like you thank goodness you did something and anyway, do you remember me? we are like besties eh?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. JustAOwl

JustAOwl Senior Member

Thank you for the update dad

14. tklawl

tklawl tklawl

I've been on OPB, on and off, for a very long time and I'm quite happy you've decided to move away from all the candy-themed stuff. I just hope you're going to implement features that really set OPB apart from other servers because in a day and age where every prison server is, in essence, the same, it's difficult to do so.

I quite enjoyed OPBV1, and whilst I know that will never come back, now that you're no longer restricted by the candy-theme, do something that the players will appreciate.

I also know that the success we managed to achieve from OPBv1 will most likely never be achieved again (well, not to the same level), so my question is:
    Are you going to design the server to cater for a smaller playerbase? -- something built heavily on the community, with the aspects of a good ol' towny server, but obviously, within a prison context.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Mutah

Mutah Well-Known Member

Will rank be kept? Will builds be reset? New name for the ranks? Can I be owner? jk I'm definatly coming back too making that sure. What type of pvp will it be. Pot, gapp or something else. TBH candy was pretty fun to use. Will picks reset too. Will there be ets still? Can I get a spawner again. Will I keep Freeworld access(yes I bought it If anyone cares)
    Can I still keep me pvp that probably bearly remembers who I am(@MeRightHere IM coming back. @Lynn im still a chicken nugget dont eat me. @gabe0508 jarL is coming for you. @GalaxyTurtle legend. @P0SIN3D nerd. @CurrentPlays Still guna beat you lol. @DdubsRulez2 new theme, must mean we will skype right??!?!?! @NotDuck hi there)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I like the direction this server is going towards. You said you are working on another project. You had another project 8 months ago (OPEmpire). I bought some ranks on it and am yet to get a refund or compensation

Anyways, good luck ;D

17. Masterminer1128

Sounds great, wish I could help with the prison revamp, but can't wait to see what comes out!

18. NotDuck

NotDuck Active Member

HOLY Sugar ALEX SAID THE WORD DOPE

19. gabe0508

gabe0508 Member

and just a quick question well will all of this happen???

20. JustAOwl

JustAOwl Senior Member

Will be writing a long reply when I am on my computer stay tuned...

• Funny Funny x 2